Beauty|Baking|Fashion|Lifestyle Blog

I've started this blog to talk about the things I love; one of them being beauty. I'm a 14 year old girl who loves all things beauty related - skincare, makeup, hair, nails; so much so that when I'm older I want to become a dermatologist. Because I'm only 14 I find that all the best beauty bloggers are 20+ which means their skin is different and they are able to wear make up to there heart's content, where as we have to wear the "right amount" for our age. This blog is for everyone. But I will be aiming it at girls my age, who are interested in mainly beauty, but also baking, fashion and healthy eating. I upload every Sunday. :)




Sunday 23 August 2015

Sleek, blush by 3 in Californ.I.A









First of all I need to say, I was in a rush when I was in London with my Mum when we popped into the big Boots on Oxford St, so I could look at the sleek stuff. And because all the testers had gone, I picked up what I thought was the blush by 3 in Lace, (because I've been desperate to buy it!) but when I got home I found out it was this one instead, it is called Californ.I.A. I thought I was a total idiot and was going to go and return it wherever the nearest sleek counter is, because my local Boots AND Superdrug don't stock Sleek! But then I tried it the next day, and I FELL IN LOVE!
They are cream blushers, so it depends on your skin type whether they will sit well on your skin. I have combination skin type, but my cheeks can get quite dry so it sits nicely and doesn't run down my face in hot conditions. i.e when you're on holiday. 
Newport Beach, is a peachy-pink, but has no glitter/shimmer. I tend to go for blushers with a bit of shimmer because it gives a really healthy, dewy glow, so sometimes I mix it with The Surf because this has some shimmer. But at the same time it's quite nice to use a blush with no shimmer because it looks a bit more natural. If I were to do a school makeup look, (we're not allowed to wear makeup really, but everyone does anyway!) I would use this blush because it gives a really natural, healthy finish.
The Surf, is a orangey-toned nude with shimmer that is really subtle, but looks healthy and dewy at the same time, so I like this one for say, on holiday when you really want to bronze it up!
OC, is the one I use most. It is a quite a bright pink with silver shimmer, but it isn't so bright that it looks like you've been on a long run on a winter's day; it blends nicely so it doesn't give that affect. It just looks like you've got a nice flush to the cheeks. I have pale skin, with what I would say is a slightly redy/pinky undertone to it so this works well. I'm not sure what it would look like on a darker skintones, but I'm sure it would still looks nice!
In all, I think that this is a really good pallet and I would DEFINITELY recomend this to one of my friends. AND it's REALLY good value being only £9.99 for 3 blushers!
I hope those of you who found this useful go and buy it. I use this pallet most days until I realise, as a blogger, I should keep trying new things. Although when I don't like something, I always end up crawling back to it!
Dream on ❤️
Dolly x




No comments:

Post a Comment