Beauty|Baking|Fashion|Lifestyle Blog

I've started this blog to talk about the things I love; one of them being beauty. I'm a 14 year old girl who loves all things beauty related - skincare, makeup, hair, nails; so much so that when I'm older I want to become a dermatologist. Because I'm only 14 I find that all the best beauty bloggers are 20+ which means their skin is different and they are able to wear make up to there heart's content, where as we have to wear the "right amount" for our age. This blog is for everyone. But I will be aiming it at girls my age, who are interested in mainly beauty, but also baking, fashion and healthy eating. I upload every Sunday. :)




Saturday 9 January 2016

Gingerbread Recipe









I have tried many a gingerbread man in my time, and I have to say that this recipe is my absolute favourite! This is from Delia's Cakes recipe book. I love this book because it has a HUGE variety of recipes and I make and love every single one! I would definitely recommend buying this book. To make these gingerbread I used the gingerbread recipe in Delia's book and for the icing is used a recipe I found online. To find the recipe I will leave the link to her website at the bottom.

Gingerbread
Ingredients:
.75g light brown soft sugar
.2 tablespoons of golden syrup
.1 tablespoon of black treacle
.1 tablespoon of water
.1 teaspoon of cinnamon
.1teaspoon of ginger (but I always add a little more!)
.a pinch or 2 of ground cloves
.95g butter, cut into lumps
.1/2 a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
.225g plain flour, sifted (plus a little extra if needed)


Icing

Ingredients
.115g icing sugar
.1 egg white
.1/8 of teaspoon of cream of tartar
.1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
.water (if needed)

Method
In a large bowl or stand-alone mixer combine the icing sugar, cream of tartar and egg white. Mix on a low until combined. Add the vanilla and mix on a high for one minute. In the recipe I found online, it said at this point it should be thick, sticky and glue-like, although I always find that it is fine. But if you think it is sticky like it should be then at some water and if it is too thin than add more icing sugar. The icing should have a "5 second consistency", this means that when you drizzle some of the icing on the surface of the rest of the icing. From here you can colour it with food colouring. I use disposable piping bags just because it's easier. I used to use fabric ones, but it is sooooo much easier to chuck the used one in the bin! When it comes to flooding (the icing on the stars) I piped the outline. Waited for a couple of minutes, and then I filled in the middle. The icing spreads a bit so you can leave a few gaps between the lines of icing.

I hope you make this recipe, and check out Delia Online because it has a HUGE selection of great recipes.
Dream on <3 
Dolly x








No comments:

Post a Comment